A wonderful song performed by the Mendon Youth Choir, and accompanied by Music Director, Joe Taff, this Mother's Day! Thanks to Mike DeTraglia for the video.
Posted by Jim Shoots on Sunday, May 13, 2018
Thank you to everyone who helped to make VBS 2017 such an amazing experience!
REMINDER TO PARENTS: We have a staffed nursery available for those children needing care. We appreciate your consideration to the speaker and those around you. If you need assistance, an Elder will be happy to help you.
CHILDREN’S AND YOUTH MINISTRY Newborn to Grade 12 Mendon Church is a caring and nurturing Christian community where the spiritual development of our youth is of vital importance. We seek to encourage Christian love and committment in our youth and the life-long development of their personal faith journey by:
• Connecting them with other caring members of God’s family;
• Equipping and instructing them in God’s Word;
• Providing opportunities in which they can apply personal faith and develop and use spiritual gifts for Christian worship and service that honors God.
PROGRAMS 9:00am Adult Education: Child care provided 10:00am Service: Nursery care and Christian Education for all youth through High School age
Sunday Mornings Christian Education classes are offered to children in grades PreK-8. Children are dismissed from the Worship Service to attend singing with our Music Director followed by Christian Education classes. Nursery Care is available in a nurturing and safe environment for newborn through age 2 during events and Sunday service.
There is Outreach which identifies projects for young people to coordinate. Past projects have included Operation Christmas Child, cards and care packages to Our Troops, collection of school supplies for Open Door Mission, food and book drives for Cameron Ministries in Rochester, and cards for those in need in our faith family here at Mendon Church.
Vacation Bible School Vacation Bible School is offered to children grades PreK (3-4 years old) through 5th for a week during the summer each year . Our 6th grade and older youth are welcome to volunteer as camp counselors.
Sunday Morning Programs – graded classes are offered:
• Nursery: Children ages birth to 2 years of age are welcome in our Nursery staffed with caring and nurturing teachers and assistants. Our Nursery is stocked with a variety of toys and books that encourage learning and play.
• Preschool (Age 3 & 4) and Elementary Grades (K-6): Children can learn through music, visual or hearing means, and we employ a curriculum called Rock Solid, which provides many learning experiences. This way, a child can encounter God’s word through an activity that speaks to the way he or she learns best.
Rock Solid helps children:
• Develop a deep and life-giving relationship with God
• Respond in faith to Jesus Christ’s redeeming love
• Seek and trust the guidance of the Holy Spirit
• Recognize the Holy Bible as the Word of God, the primary guide for faith and practice
• Identify themselves as children of God and grow in discipleship
• Intermediate Grades (3-6): We employ Rock Solid for Older Elementary, a curriculum which provides our youth with opportunities for visual, musical, artistic, linguistic, kinesthetic (movement), individual, and group experiences with the Bible stories, while encouraging personal connection and life application to God’s Word. This program invites youth to experience Bible stories and to be forever shaped and changed by them.
• Classrooms are wired for audio/video links and high-speed internet, providing flexibility to incorporate technology in lessons if desired.
Young Adults….WE LOVE YOU!! Stay tuned for details of this and other interesting offerings for fellowship and mission for those of you wanting to follow Jesus to head in the right direction.